Parental Leave

Last modified by on December 2nd, 2019 at 08:32 am. đź‘´ This looks pretty old, ask if it’s still current!


The goal of our parental leave policy is to provide a generous amount of flexible time off for new parents that allows them to focus on their new baby without stressing about work.

We provide up to 8 weeks paid time-off and 8 weeks unpaid for both new mothers and fathers. Adoption is covered. Some high level notes:

  • Parental leaves of absence are voluntary, not required. Should you wish to use parental leave, all requests must be received at least 60 days in advance (or as soon as possible if medical necessity arises.)
  • Any existing paid time-off balances can be used during the unpaid leave (or in addition to.)
  • All time off (both paid and unpaid) will begin no sooner than the date of birth or placement, unless a team member must begin their leave of absence sooner due to pregnancy disability.
  • All parental leave (both paid and unpaid) must be used within 4 months after the child is born/adopted. Leave must be taken as a single 8 week block of time, unless individually discussed and agreed upon with your manager.


  • To be eligible for the full amount of leave, team members must be with the company for at least 6 months. If you’ve been with us fewer than 6 months, you are eligible for up to 4 weeks paid leave, and 4 weeks unpaid. If you reside in a city or state with more generous requirements, we will honor any legally-required time off or wage replacement considerations.
  • US team members must first apply for any other wage replacement options available before becoming eligible for company pay. We will integrate our 8 weeks of wage replacement with any insurance programs you qualify for, to bring you to 100% total wage replacement.
    • For example, if a team member is receiving 60% wages through a state or disability program, we will supplement the remaining 40% of wages to bring you to 100% total wages for the 8 week period of company paid leave.
  • For US team members, eligibility to continue health benefits will be based on any protections you might legally qualify for. If no protections apply, your benefits eligibility would continue for a period of 30 days, then through the end of the month in which the 30th day falls. You’d become COBRA eligible the 1st of the following month.
  • Any requests for time off beyond the company’s policy or by law will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may require a physician’s note.
  • Certain countries may have laws which conflict with our policy. In that case, we’ll yield to the laws in your country of residence when reasonable.

Questions, clarifications, general confusion regarding your specific situation? DM Catherine and we’ll set up a time to talk it through.

Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top