WIP, feel free to add stuff!
Hipsters and hippies, bougie versions of both, and some of the US’s most beautiful nature can all be found here.
- $ = under $10 per person
- $$ = about $10-25 per person
- $$$ = about $25-40 per person
- $$$$ = over $40 per person
Arriving / Getting Around
Can Uber from the airport and throughout the city.
Where to stay
AirBNB around Pearl / Alphabet districts (not really hotels around there except maybe the Westin which is a bit far south). Lets you walk to 23rd where tons of food / bars out as well as through Pearl.
- Blue Star Donuts ($), multiple locations: Amazing donuts. ‘Nuff said.
- Tin Shed Cafe ($$), Alberta Arts: Delicious brunch and excellent breakfast cocktails to go with it.
- Muscadine ($$), Alberta-ish: Stellar southern brunch.
- Swift Lounge ($), Broadway: Inventive brunch and awesome mimosa buckets.
Lunch / Dinner
- Food pods
- Portland Wings or Fire on the Mountain
- Pok Pok
- Smokehouse 21 ($$), Alphabet district:
- Frank’s Noodle House ($) Hand pulled noodle stir fry or soups. Simply amazing.
- Grassa ($$) Amazing pasta dishes.
- Pepe le Moko ($$-$$$), Pearl: Speakeasy in a basement that’s like a 1920 flashback. Long Islands and espresso martinis are pretty amazing, but all of the cocktails are top-notch.
- Mississippi Studios/Bar Bar ($), Mississippi: Nightly live music venue, attached bar with great burgers.
- Multnomah Whiskey Library ($$$), Gigantic whiskey selection, knowledgable bar tenders. Best on a weekday/night as there is usually a long wait on the weekends.
- Roadside Attraction ($), Southeast: As Portland as it gets. Cash only.
Coffee / Dessert
- Salt & Straw
Stuff To Do
- Eat, Drink, and be merry.
- Powell’s Books, Downtown. World’s largest independent bookstore? Scientifically possible to be disappointed here. Prepare for crowds!