Last modified by Max Rice on March 14th, 2019 at 03:56 pm.
Nice, a fresh one!
Nice, a fresh one!
- April 2012 – Justin/Max get their start in eCommerce by doing client work for WooCommerce and building extensions. Max is working for Summers Labs and Justin is doing freelance consulting (under the Fox Run Software name). After being tasked with rebuilding Summers’ eCommerce site, Max finds Justin via the seminal WooCommerce vs. Jigoshop article and hires him to help with the website.
- July 2012 – Justin/Max keep in touch, as Max starts building WooCommerce extensions (WooCommerce Kissmetrics was the first!) and they look for ways to collaborate.
- March 2013 – After many months of discussions, Justin/Max merge their respective operations and form SkyVerge, with the goal of becoming the largest 3rd party developer for WooCommerce (today, we have over 60 commercial extensions and tens of thousands of customers)
- July 2013 – Hired our 1st full-time employee (Beka) to help with support and marketing
- August 2013 – Realizing we needed to diversify, we expanded into Shopify by acquiring 2 existing Shopify apps:
- April 2014 – After acquiring a 3rd Shopify app (Happy Ending), we re-brand our apps under the ShopStorm and a new division is born.
- June 2014 – We expand beyond the wall (read: Canada) by hiring our 1st full-time engineer to work on our WooCommerce division
- January 2015 – We acquire our 4th Shopify app, an abandoned cart app called Jilt and hire our 2nd full-time engineer to work on our growing Shopify division
- July 2015 – The team expands yet again with the hire of our 3rd full-time engineer to work on WooCommerce extensions
- November 2015 – The team grows some more! We hire 2 more Rails Engineers to work on both ShopStorm and Jilt, and a WordPress Engineer to help with WooCommerce
- February 2016 – The whole team meets for the first time for our inaugural SkyTrip 1.0 company retreat
- May 2016 – We restructure things a bit by hiring a team lead for ShopStorm and promoting a team lead for WooCommerce. Justin/Max shift their attention to growing Jilt and building the overall company.
- October 2016 – We hire our first full-time support specialist for ShopStorm
- November 2016 – We develop and launch another Shopify app (Shipping Bar)
- December 2016 – We acquire Wishl, a wishlist app for Shopify, and it’s developer, Lucas, joins the team to help grow ShopStorm
- January 2017 – We start to experiment with professional services for Shopify, gaining our Experts status and working towards our Shopify Plus Experts status
- March 2017 – We hire another Rails Engineer to help with development & professional services
- April 2017 – The team meets again in sunny Orlando, Florida for SkyTrip 2017
- June 2017 – We hire another Rails Engineer to focus on Jilt development and start to build our WooCommerce support team
- August 2017 – We shift team focus to growing Jilt
- November 2017 – We hire a Head of Content to help produce more amazing content
- March 2018 – We launch Jilt Upsell, an online publication meant to provide shop owners and managers with the information, inspiration, and motivation they need to compete and grow their eCommerce operations
- April 2018 – We hit the slopes for SkyTrip 2018 in Lake Tahoe, California
- August 2018 – We officially join the Inc. 5000 list, in spot #2,122 and $3.1m in revenue for 2017.
- October 2018 – Our WooCommerce support team continues growing with 2 new team members
- January 2019 – We start to expand our marketing team by adding a full-time Content Creator
- February 2019 – The engineering team grows larger with a full-time Front-end Engineer